Monday, October 13, 2008

Day trip to H*E*Double Hockey Sticks - Part 1

Started innocently enough, just a simple family trip to have fun with the kids and secondly have fun with the kids. We packed the grandma up, strapped the kids to the seats, snacks, drinks, blankets (we NEVER leave home without the blankets) and for the most part relatively good moods. Oh and yes, grandma did have her own seat, we tried the luggage rack but it makes her hair look crazy and the bugs don't help either. Off we go, family fun day, no pressure on time, piece of cake yeah? See, here is a picture to prove the ease in which I was riding in the van.

B-Man giving me blue steel. You may ask "What is blue steel?" to which my reply will be "something that comes from the coal mines in Pennsylvania with Jon Voight". Look it up, it's true and that Ben Stiller verified it in his movie.


The Boy given the grandma kisses. Yes, he gives kisses by rubbing his noggin, I say what happened to the lips boy?


A view of the big truck riding ever so graciously 3 second rule behind our vehicle. Thanks big truck or as my brother used to say "Big Fruck", now that I think about it, he may still say that and that we all must salute the colonel. Ask him sometime.


My dear little itsy bitsy, with the startled deer in the headlights. This look is only to lull you into submission, she waits until the time is right to strike.


Then I saw this for 45 minutes. As well as .....


This and ........

Inching our way, every second was multiplied by 60. I could see the route of our escape so painfully just out of my reach.

Wait I can see the turnoff......


Ok, I think I can breathe again, maybe we will roll faster than 5 miles per hour so I say let me take a look at the ole gps unit.


What the HELL? We left early? Are you kidding me? Another hour in the car? Kiss my ever loving grits, this is unacceptable.



WILL THEY EVER MAKE IT TO THEIR DESTINATION? WHAT LIES AHEAD FOR THIS UNSUSPECTING FAMILY? STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT ADVENTURE OF THE SO SAD, TOO BAD FAMILY!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Fine! Leave us in suspense - not even able to look at the road signs to speculate where you are - oh clever one! I can't wait for Part 2 - how many parts are there? Should I make popcorn?

    ReplyDelete

Bring it! Toss in your quarter.