Tuesday, April 10, 2012

WTF

Really, someone explain it to me already.  I haven't got a single frickin' clue. What is the deal with you guys? And YEAH I do mean GUYS! 

You walk around smelling nice, looking good in dress slacks or a pair of jeans.  You flash a smile, do some manly instinctual gesture that makes the female of the species sort of tingle.  It's the hunt isn't it? Come on, you can let me in on the secret.

I have been reading you know.  The pheromone thing is still working for you right?  I know I am a victim to the sensual, sneaky, primal man smell you waft in my general direction.  It is completely unconscious on my part.  I am drawn in before the evolved part of my brain has snapped me into reason.  OH MOTHER NATURE AND DARWIN! DAMN THEE! DAMN THEE!

If I could have a conversation with Richard Dawkins and his Selfish Gene I would tell him where to stick it.  But then again, he is a man and probably enjoy the fantasy.  He probably smelled nice too.
"There is a power-struggle between genes and their host. In fact, the claim is that there isn't much of a struggle because the genes usually win without a fight. Only if the organism becomes intelligent enough to understand its own interests, as distinct from those of its genes, can there be true conflict." R. Dawkins, 1976

Is that it? Am I having a conflict with my genes? My DNA is winning over my primal brain and its functions have made me mad?  My authentic self is completely gone when you are around.  Could this be the end of, well, Me?

No, no I must put up a fight.  Damn the mitochondrial DNA, damn the releaser pheromones, I.....MUST.......FIGHT! 



Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer.
~ William S. Burroughs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bring it! Toss in your quarter.