Sunday, May 6, 2012

Nature's Inventions

The face of spring has come.  With it comes renewal, renewal of hope, renewal of survival, renewal of promise that all things can be beautiful in their own way. 

Human subtlety will never devise an invention more beautiful, more simple or more direct than does nature because in her inventions nothing is lacking, and nothing is superfluous.
Leonardo da Vinci
The subtlety of nature, the precision of development simply amazes me everyday.  When I look outside to see beauty of nature, beauty of survival, makes me believe that I am capable.  There is purpose, there is meaning and therefore my own existence is not lacking. 


These are Nature's inventions.





These are my inventions.  They are sublime, they are meaningful, they lack nothing.  This trio allows my life to have meaning.  Nature allowed my body to grow three perfect, little beings.  I look into their faces, I see hope, I see what happiness is supposed to be, I am blinded by unconditional love.  For them I am grateful. 


Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world.

George Bernard Shaw
They are my windows to which I can see the world where as an adult can lose sight of what is really the truth.  Their windows are illuminating, optimistic, and lovely.  From them I take a page of insight and remember that life will be ok. 



And this piece of Nature's inventions, the jury is still out. 

Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer.
~ William S. Burroughs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bring it! Toss in your quarter.