Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Tale of Bitsy LaRue

The Bits (AKA Frankie Lightfingers or Bitsy LaRue) as she is known is spunky, smiley and more often than not very cuddly.  She is very eager to please, throws a frequent "I Love You Mommy" my way (I am greatly appreciative) and can be VERY bossy.  There is housed in this 37.5 pounds of little girl body the attitude of a 350 pound line backer for the Chicago Bears.  Combined with this attitude is the Mensa genius from MIT who is incredibly sharp witted and knows no fear. 

Imagine playing a chess game for every word you utter to Bitsy LaRue, she retains and hits the save button on every sentence, every eavesdrop from the hallway and frankly just up in my grill for every little thing.  Needless to say, I am on my game for every second of the day, forced to plan my next 15 moves before our next encounter.  Keeps my mind sharp, this is better than crossword puzzles and I see this as a foreshadow of what is to come in the, dare I say, teenage years. 

She is a leader and an architect of trouble, but make no mistake this all part of the myriad of reasons why I love this little girl to my core.  Armed with her monkey in one arm and a twinkle in her eye she is a natural force of nature. 

Her main weapon is flashlights...and monkey! Her two weapons are flashlights, monkey and cute smile. Damn I will try that again, her three weapons are flashlights, monkey, cute smile and her snuggieness. DOH, amongst her weaponry are such diverse things as flashlights, monkey, cute smile, snuggieness, fierce determination and ruthless sense of style. No one expects the arrival of BITSY LARUE!

Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer. ~ William S. Burroughs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bring it! Toss in your quarter.