Thursday, January 27, 2011

A brief moment of weasel speak

Weasel speak: Mom, can I have a snack?

Mommy: No, I am fixing dinner right now.  You will be eating in 15 minutes.

Weasel speak: (groans, head drops back, body slumps.  In an instant body language changes moods) Mom, I know we are going to eat but do you think I could just have two crackers, I have been working very hard at school today and my teacher told me that I should have a snack when I come home because it will make my body strong so I just wanted to ask you if I could just have a very small snack and it won't spoil my dinner because my body has been working very hard and I promise I will eat dinner and Mom what is it your fixing for our dinner? I will eat it no matter what but I just want to know what kind of food it is. (takes a well deserved breathe, displays big doe eyes and cocks head to the side like the RCA bobble head dog)

How did all of that come out of one little brain?  Calculating, logical, working all the angles.  This one will make a FAB lawyer or corporate raider some day.  I am in awe and frankly a little frightened.  Even with all that effort the cash prize of a snack before dinner was not obtained but damn I gotta give my little weasel stylie points for trying.

Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer. ~ William S. Burroughs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bring it! Toss in your quarter.