Friday, June 13, 2008

Venominous - BEWARE

So I have griped about this subject before and I am feeling really bitter and pissed off about the whole thing, jobs suck. I work for a place that does not foster any support for the current employees to move upward. I work with many fabulous people and I think there may be one or two who think I am fabulous as well. I am fed up on two levels.

LEVEL ONE
I am good, no I am great, at what I do for a living but I know I would be better given the chance to add more to my plate. What pisses me off is the fact that this atmosphere I live in for 40 + hours a week does not support promotion. This kind of narrow-minded, short sighted thinking is not limited to my office it is spread all over the organization. I am only seen as this, not this. Somewhere in the process I have eluded the gene for promotion or the gene to be a cutthroat. I am smart, I have a degree, I have time served at my organization, I have contacts and resources, and none of that matters because the head up the ass managers around this place do not see me in anything else other than what I do. I dress casually, but so does everyone, it is the culture of the organization, I do not show up in daisy duke shorts with a tube top, I dress professionally and comfortable. No I do not wear high heels (Birkenstock), no I do not wear make up (I smell nice and I am clean), I do style my hair, keep my nails clipped, and brush my teeth.

What they want is push paper, don't think. I need to be told how business is done, what I see is how not to do business.

And with that it brings me to LEVEL TWO
How is it people feel the sense of entitlement of working here that rules do not apply to their kids? I just got a call from a person on campus spreading the bull crap and ultimately because the mother of a procrastinating child did not follow directions. Deadlines are deadlines no matter where you go in the world. I myself have made the mistake of not following deadlines but I suffered the consequences of my laziness. What gets me riled is that these people think they are above it. This "mother" went and complained to the person who called me (and I assume saying what a bitch I was) that I had told her no when she called the first time. The fact of the matter is that the deadline has been posted for over two months, people that is eight weeks, 60 days, 1,440 hours, 26, 400 minutes, 1,584,000 seconds. This includes weekends. How could there be any confusion is that not really enough time?

I am not looking to burn bridges but I am about to take out my oar and start hitting people over the head.

Ok, I know I said just two levels but I am mad about something else. I am mad that people who make more than me know less and then ask me for help. I am even more mad when the person who knows less has been explained the process and then ignores and hands me substandard product. If it weren't for the law I would have blow darted her already.

Alright, I am done for now but I feel the pressure building back up again.

1 comment:

Bring it! Toss in your quarter.