Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A Mamma Monday... just two days late

Hello friends and neighbors,

I get up this morning and check in with my favorite people via the blog scene only to find the gauntlet has been thrown. Started out as a soft and lovely morning, birds singing, squirrels squeaking, coffee hot in the Venti size cup. Now, I have been called out, called out by a buddy, a sister, kin, let me just say Woman I have not even had my coffee yet! So Miss Heather here is my attempt to buddy blog for Mamma Mondays!

So here it goes, reading is a big deal in our home. With three kids it takes on a whole added arena to bed time. Predominantly our reading is at bed time only because we have to work 8 to 5, Monday through Friday but on the weekend we try to get at least a couple of reading moments locked and loaded for the day. Anyway the kids love books and so do I. Like so many parents you introduce to your kids the stories you loved as a child. I am not any different.

Dr Suess is an all time favorite, we too have "Oh, the places you will go" , "Green Eggs and Ham", "Cat in the Hat" to name a few. The kids have more books than I do. I love books and now Emma has discovered the library. She will be getting her own library card for her birthday. She is awestruck you can go to a building and take home any book she wants and come back to get more. I love to read them to the kids but by far the books that the twins and Emma are into is anything dinosaur. Let's see on the list for this year are:

  • Dinosaur Roar (Completely memorized, I don't even have to look at the pages)
  • How Does a Dinosaur Say Goodnight (I have this one memorized as well)
  • How Does a Dinosaur Gets Well
  • How Does a Dinosaur Go to School
  • Encyclopedia of Dinosaurs (this book is cool, it has little books inside the big book that Velcro into place.)
  • Polar Express
  • Puff the Magic Dragon
  • 5 minute fairy tales (this is fraudulent title, it takes at least 20 minutes to read any of the stories in this book, I think it is to tease the parents)
  • Mother Goose Nursery Rhymes
  • Our Solar System (Emma is big on this one)

So there Vitamin D, how did I do? :o) Hee Hee

2 comments:

  1. See you are better at the reading thing than me too. Poop doesn't stay still for it. We are working on it though.

    Dy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude... all these names have changed.. whatever happened to If you give a mouse a cookie? How about "Ill love you forever?"
    Omg .. meltdown sorry

    ReplyDelete

Bring it! Toss in your quarter.