Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Anti - Anti Valentine's Girl

Valentine's Day. Pfffftttttt.  WHATEVER!

This time of year rolls around and I begin to cringe.  The pink rolls into the picture, the reds are brighter than usual, the pressure from the various retailers has begun.  It is all too much for a girl like me to handle. 

I have better luck on Friday the 13th.  Really, you laugh but it is true.  Truly turns into the best day of the week for me.  It is the other 6 days I have to worry about. 

What drives me crazy about these little celebrations through out the year are the emphasis of "today you are special".  Shouldn't we be special everyday?  And the intensified handholding, cuddling, blah, blah, blah in public.  (My friend usually leaves the "L" out of that word LOL) The I <3 U's, go here to get this, someone gets a card, JUST GET IT OVER WITH ALREADY!

Here's the rub, no matter how goofy I think the holiday is, I secretly wish I had a sweetheart to share it with.  I wouldn't mind a little extra hand holding, a little extra cuddling, blah, blah, blah in public.

Oh, and I wasn't joking about the Friday the 13th, that really does happen every single time.  

Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer.
~ William S. Burroughs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bring it! Toss in your quarter.