Monday, July 26, 2010

Mommy why?

Ok, remember that little sappy post a couple of weeks ago where I went on and on about how wonderful my children are?  Well, they are still wonderful but holy cow on a stick what is up with the million and one questions?

For the most of the questions, I have a answer, backed up with hard science or some theoretical ideas at least.  Why is the grass green, why is the sky blue, what is that water on your windshield called, why can we see the moon, why do we need water, why do we need sleep, how does our body grow, why does she have a belly button, why do I have to go to school, what is the largest sea animal, why don't we have fur, why do we have to brush our teeth?

But lately, I have actually had to do some research.  Geez, the questions that are coming at me are becoming more sophisticated each day.  Now when they are all in school, please just send a little prayer out for me.  You know, just a little good thought sent out in the world for me, to give me some kind of clue if I have to go back and get my M.A. degree or take some "parent has been out of school for a long, long, long time and even if they went back to school the kids will be doing theoretical physics in second grade and the parent won't have a snowball chance in hell" class. 

Is there such a class? How do I brush up? Does anyone have a suggestion of books I should be reading or adding to the kids reading list?  Dawkins, Hawking, Shakespeare, C.S. Lewis, Dr. Phil? What? Should I be boning up on paradigm shifts? Revisionism, revolutions, guns, the Krebs cycle? 

I'll take the History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire as perceived by a 8 year old for $800, Alex. Yeah, I am on the long rode of trial by fire.

Give me a bone of hope people, what do you think?

Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer.
 ~ William S. Burroughs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bring it! Toss in your quarter.